At some point, most people will need to get help because of an accident or a medical emergency. As farming is one of the most dangerous occupations cheap NFL jerseys in the UK, it stands to reason that many farmers may find : themselves in a position where they need to call for C&A help after suffering an injury or accident and, if the worst should happen, it’s important to have a clear idea of what actions you might need to take.
Overview of the problem
Farmers tend not to wholesale MLB jerseys wear ‘professional’ PLAN work-wear and this is a problem for a number of reasons. Firstly, we feel that by wearing professional clothing, designed for 2014 the job, it makes the whole industry look more professional and encourages better practice and safer working. Professional overalls fit snugly to the body, have built in protection for vulnerable areas and are less likely to become entangled in machinery and PTO shafts. They will also offer some protection against chemical spills and sharp objects;
Professional overalls have a chest pocket with a zip which is very important as we know that many farmers do not carry their phone with them.
At some point, most people will need to get help because of an accident or a medical emergency. As farming is one of the most dangerous occupations in the UK, it stands to reason that many farmers may find themselves in a position where they need to call for help after suffering an injury or accident and, if the worst wholesale NFL jerseys should happen, it’s important to have a clear idea of what actions you might need to take.
Working alone is a common reality for most farmers. Unfortunately, if you are taken ill or have an accident whilst working alone, it can be difficult to raise the alarm and, although no-one likes to consider the worst, it is really important to plan ahead.
A mobile phone can be a lifeline if you suffer an accident or injury whilst working on or around the Law farm, particularly if you are working by yourself. However, as anyone who lives and works in the countryside will testify, signal strength and reliability can vary enormously from place to place, so it is important that your plan of action is not solely reliant on using a mobile phone to call for help.
It also goes without saying that, if you carry a mobile phone with you, it is important to ensure that it is fully charged and kept on your person so it can be easily accessed in the event of an emergency. A zipped pocket is the safest place to keep your phone as they are vulnerable to damage from being dropped in muddy puddles and have a habit of falling out and being lost for good.
Response times for ambulances in rural areas, first aid skills and the inaccessibility of some rural properties can all impact chances of survival following a farm accident wholesale jerseys so should be referenced.
What can be done
As we’ve already said, no-one likes to consider the worst; however, planning ahead could make all the difference:
- Invest in a couple of pairs of good quality overalls or other appropriate work clothing for you and anyone else who works on the farm. You could even have fun with your investment in safety by having Олег your farm name or nicknames embroidered on the clothing;
- Remember that different farming tasks bring different hazards and it’s important to consider this and ensure you wear appropriate clothing for the task in hand
- Attend a recognized first aid course – whether it’s a minor situation or something more serious, first aid knowledge will give you the confidence to act and could be the difference between life and death
- PPE not only helps protect people but also improves productivity
- Farmers can benefit from using the appropriate protective equipment for themselves, wholesale MLB jerseys family members, and workers when the job and its potential hazards call for it. Protective equipment must be carefully selected
- Test fit the protective equipment to be sure of a proper and comfortable fit. If it isn’t comfortable – it won’t be worn; if it isn’t worn – it won’t protect;
- Eye protection should always be worn where there is potential for injury to the eyes or face from small particles, toxic chemicals, flying particles, large objects, thermal or radiation hazards, and lasers
- The British Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance and your local NHS Ambulance Service all run first aid courses;
- Carry a basic first aid kit in your tractor cab or car
- Always carry a fully charged mobile phone with you and ensure it is kept in a zipped pocket on your person so it cannot drop out whilst you are working;
- Always tell someone where you will be working and what time you expect to return.